Monday, April 4, 2011

Getaway, in Arabian way


Always lazy to blog about places I went, since all those photos are up on the FB. 
But this one, I want to blog about it, my first time to desert and I LOVE IT! I was quite surprised with myself that I could stand the condition of the dry sandy place. Just so you know, I must wet my whole body before i go to bed because I mentally think that it's more hygiene that way to sleep, without ANY dust! :[

Anyway, let's talk about the trip~ 
It was an impromptu trip, I booked everything last minutes. A 4 bedded room, a camp and bus tickets. Then we off to the Rose-red City and the Valley of the Moon.

I like this valley which leads to al-Khazneh, its windy inside, and narrow, which make me imagined of having a war here, me, the smart one, archer of the troop,waiting for the enemy to come into the narrow valley and shoot them die! Muahahaha~

Bedouin chilling on the bench, laid back life~


Color of the wind. it's always better to see the history than to read it from a book. Speechless and impressed by the carved-out-building! 



Lovely!Natalie could be a model by covering up her face!!hahaha~





We walk and walk and walk~
To discover the whole Petra city, you have to stay for 1 night and walking around for 2 days.
The city had a special night event that day when we visited, there is no light and electricity in the city, we could  see Petra in candle light, but we didn't join the night tour. Felt kind of incomplete with the trip. 

Off to the peak with donkeys!! It was a thrilling ride! Some of the passengers fall down from their donkeys, poor them~ And fun thing discovered, the donkeys use their poo poo to mark the route to the top of the hill~ so we can see precious smelly 'gold' all over the steps. 


Scenery along the donkey ride. Breath-taking!

 A little walk after the donkey ride, here we saw Ad-deir, the Monastery.  


                            
They were so reluctant to walk up the hill.

But up on the peak, this is the view, sometimes, we have to see it to know how magnificent it is, it's hard to tell from photos. Believe me, 'wow' was the only word we kept repeating when we reached the peak. 

                             
We couldn't believe that we had walked that far to reach the top.

and we walked all the way down from the peak, here are our tired feet, they were happie feet before all the walking and climbing.

  
Even arabic bread became delicacy, imagine how hungry we were.

The next day, we off to Wadi Rum, my ultimate destination!!

See how the great blue sky matches the color of earth! The beauty of the nature!

Lovely!

 The sand dune, nice color~and soft sand! We did some running down the sand dune~ we were all like siao char bo! Should have run faster! Life is too short, we have to have fun always!

Gorgeous!!Both of the people and the scenery!!muahaha~

 I love this one!
and the bridge,
Um Fruth Bridge~
see the smooth rock wall on the right?we climbed all the way up from there, we were stuck halfway because we were afraid of falling down from the wall, it's LIZARD's work! Don't ever look down if you are scared while you climbing. Just keep going on and run on the rock with a little more push!  




Never see that many of camels walking around me~



Pose a little~


Bedouin drinks wherever they are. Few dry branches, a stained teapot, stones, they could sit and enjoy the scenery with cup of black tea and a pinch of meramia. Yum Yum! 


This is magnificent!

Camel ride is a must at desert!!




We sat and chilled till sun was set.


Love is all around~

The night had finally came!!My long awaited starry sky! The light out time in the camp is 9pm. When the light goes off, u totally couldn't see your fingers even they are right in front of your eyes! Vicky and I were lied down at the back of a truck to enjoy the stars. We were watching at the sky for 5 hours. We never get bored of those stars. 

They scattered around like glitter on a huge dark plate. Some of them are weak and some are bright! But every star is shining, no matter how bright or weak they are. The surrounding was so quiet that i could hear the stars are whispering. LOL! Im not kidding. They were winking and whispering to us. :D

A lot of mental photograph have been captured during the night, which stay in my memory forever! ;)


I would travel all the way to Wadi Rum again just for the killing starry sky. Next time, i would choose another camp located further away from everything, sleep under the huge starry sky and enjoy to the max!

I named this Lion King's Rock. Looks like the Rock mountain from the Lion King's home.

The trip was amazing! Nothing is greater than the mother nature. And the trip makes me created a list of places to visit! See the world while i still can do it now~;) same goes to you!

And Wadi Rum, I will be back for more!hee~~



Have a great Monday!!








2 comments:

  1. Hello, I saw your pictures of the Arabian desert on Google and I must tell you, I love them! They are very beautiful. I'm wondering if I may have permission to use some of them in some photomanipulations? I will give you due credit and if you wish, I will link to your blog where they can be found. Thanks for your time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, sorry for late reply~glad that u love those photos and thanks for the compliment~u can have them as long as its not for something bad or harmful~;)have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails