Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lucky Me

I've been flying lesser for this month, in fact, everyone is flying lesser this month. Mr. Rostering is sleeping on his desk i guess, most of us got lesser flying hours and some of them even got removed from the flight. What a disastrous month for everyone of us.

Lucky me! Got another Bangkok-Hong Kong flight from my airport standby. I wasn't well-prepared for the trip though.

Me: I've got airport standby from 2330 onwards, most probably not flying since there is no flight after 2330.
Colleague: There is a thai girl called sick for the flight!You might get to fly to BKK tonight na!
Me: What??!!I just got myself a small trolley. I didn't bring my suitcase na!!

And then i heard my name from the P.A.

Briefing officer: Mui Cing, please proceed to the counter please.
Me: What the heck??!!
Briefing officer: Bangkok, ok?
Me: Ehh, I didn't bring my suitcase, ermm....
Briefing Officer: Oh well, You can reject the flight, why didn't you bring your suitcase??
Me: Erm, It's ok, i think im taking the flight as i brought all my toiletries with me though.
Chief A: Go home, don't fly since you're not prepared.
Briefing Officer: So how's your decision?Want or don't want?
Me: Ya! Im going to Bangkok! *after calculating the income and the cost in a flash*
Briefing Officer: OK!So you are on Bangkok! *clicking the mouse*

And VOILA, RJ180, another flight in my roster!Everyone got stunned when they saw me walked with a small trolley while everyone else was pulling a uber big suitcase.

I was worried when i promised to fly Bangkok. But things turned out OK~The whole briefing session was rather a roller coaster ride. My heart almost jumped out of my mouth, all because of the excitement I got and my brain wasn't functioning for answering the safety and first aid questions.

Afterall, thanks god that i met the utterly nice team! Had a really great flight with all of them. And had my first experience of making Mandarin announcement onboard. =.= My own translation from English to Mandarin. Luckily the passengers didn't die laughing. :P

Extra bonus for the trip, I've got myself another Cecelia Ahern from HK airport. She always amazed me with her excellent job! :)

Happie Reading to myself!


p.s. love the book cover to the max!


Have a extra-ordinary Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails